filter show

filter show

Marigold

Marigold
beeswax, paper, pigment on board

Sunday, November 2, 2008

newest artist statement

Raised in an immigrant household our home was crowded with crafts from India. From batiks to miniatures to sculptures, walls and shelves were full. These visual artifacts helped me understand the culture we came from. Patterns and colors surrounded me and formed my visual vocabulary.

I use beeswax in my work for it's luminosity and depth and in contrast I use spray paint through stencils to create flat patterns. The letter stencils I am using serve as formal elements. They also refer to communication or language which is not always readable similar to the culture of my parents that is not always understandable to me

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States